Through the fog of a regular morning, all at once, I was standing in a parking lot in the sunshine feeling grateful for:
- A job where I have the flexibility to show up, loosely, sometime between 8:30 and 9.
- Wearing jeans and flip-flops to work.
- Having long hair hanging wet against my neck and shoulders.
- A commute that allows for morning coffee-and-a-book time at least four days a week.
- Listening to a book that feels so real and has moments of connection so bright I get chills.
- Hearing Wilder awake before I leave for work (even if she's screaming and likely making her parents nuts).
- Real love and connection with so brilliantly-lucky-many amazing, wonderful friends (even if many of them live far away).
No matter what else, the Universe brims with goodness.